Stormsaver launch new Greywater Recycling System
Tackling the growing issue of water scarcity in the UK is one of the biggest challenges facing the built environment sector. Water scarcity is being felt most in areas of the Southeast with some recent planning applications for new developments being refused due to the potential for excess water demand on an already stressed supply network.
Commercial buildings only use 25% of total water consumption for drinking and sanitation purposes, leaving the remaining 75% for non-potable activities, including toilet flushing. This presents a problem. Most buildings rely on a single supply of high-quality drinking water to flush toilets. In a water-scarce world, this practice needs to change.
Today, Stormsaver is proud to share another water reuse technology that can provide help to prevent unnecessary consumption of drinking water in commercial developments. The all-new Aqualoop Greywater Recycling System is designed to provide commercial developments with a recycled supply of sustainable water for non-potable use within the building.
With the Stormsaver Greywater Recycling System, wastewater from showers, hand wash basins, and bathtubs can be collected, filtered, and reused within the building. Not only does the system prevent perfectly usable water from going straight into the drainage network, but it can also contribute towards significant water savings for the building occupier.
The new system takes advantage of ultra-filtration technologies to remove debris and smaller organisms from the greywater. Unlike other systems on the UK market, the Stormsaver system is complete with a biofilm removal technology to prevent blockages from excess build-up.
Stormsaver Greywater Recycling Systems are the ideal water reuse solution for commercial buildings with high water consumption, such as leisure centres, offices, student accommodation, and hotels.
Learn more about the Stormsaver Greywater Recycling System here.